The state has launched website to provide the latest news releases related to COVID-19, the current number of cases, video archives of press conferences and tips from leading experts: coronavirus.illinois.gov
- IDPH COVID-19 homepage: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/diseases-and-conditions/diseases-a-z-list/coronavirus
- IDPH COVID-19 FAQ: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/diseases-and-conditions/diseases-a-z-list/coronavirus/faq
- IDPH COVID-19 daily briefings and documents: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/diseases-and-conditions/diseases-a-z-list/coronavirus/media-publications/daily-press-briefings
In response to the public health emergency that Illinois is facing as a result of the spread of COVID-19, Governor Pritzker has announced that all K-12 non-residential, public and private schools must close March 17 through March 30. This mandate extends also to any early childhood program for children ages birth through five located in public schools or in private schools.
- IDPH guidance for schools: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/diseases-and-conditions/diseases-a-z-list/coronavirus/schools-guidance
- IDPH guidance for child care centers: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/guidance-for-schools.html
At this unprecedented time with so many home from school and work, here are some learning and educational entertainment options that can be enjoyed for free online:
- Lyric Opera: https://www.lyricopera.org/seasontickets/watch-and-listen
- Free MIT Courses: https://openlearning.mit.edu/courses-programs/mit-opencourseware
- Museum Tours: https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/national-gallery-of-art-washington-dc?hl=en
Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) is taking additional steps to support workers and families impacted by COVID-19. The administration will file emergency rules this week to clarify that individuals unemployed due to COVID-19 can generally qualify for unemployment benefits to the full extent permitted by federal law.
- COVID-19 unemployment benefits through the Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES): https://www2.illinois.gov/ides/Pages/COVID-19-and-Unemployment-Benefits.aspx
The State is seeking input from small businesses on the impact of COVID-19. Responses will assist the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) in evaluating Illinois’ request for an economic injury disaster declaration resulting in loans for affected businesses and non-profits. Small businesses and not-for-profits in Illinois that have suffered economic injury as a result of COVID-19 are encouraged to submit their information to the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity.
- Fill out the form here: https://form.jotform.com/200717156003039
DMV facilities are now closed until March 31st. Expiration dates for driver’s licenses, identification (ID) cards, vehicle registrations and other transactions and filings will be extended by 30 days through an emergency rule. As a reminder, many transactions with the Secretary of State’s office, including renewing your vehicle registration, may be conducted online at www.cyberdriveillinois.com.
Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation announced several proactive measures to help professional licensees and education providers in light of the challenges confronting all Illinoisans during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Department has issued a series of variances that provide relief from the provisions of certain Administrative Rules pertaining to license renewal terms and to continuing education requirements. The five Variances may be found here. Any professional licenses issued by the Department that have renewal dates between March 1, 2020 through and including July 31, 2020 are granted an automatic extension to renew to September 30, 2020. Additionally, all current licensees under the Department’s jurisdiction whose license renewal deadlines fall within the period beginning March 1, 2020 through and including July 31, 2020 shall have up to, and including, September 30, 2020 to complete their continuing education coursework. The Department is also allowing licensees to complete their continuing education coursework without requiring live attendance and permit for interactive webinar and online distance education courses in addition to currently permitted methods.
IDHS- While there are no confirmed cases of Coronavirus among IDHS employees, out of an abundance of caution, starting today, IDHS is temporarily closing several facilities. All emergency food relief (SNAP), cash assistance (TANF) and medical (Medicaid eligibility) applications will continue to be available online or by phone. Home Services and Vocational Rehab resources will remain available through DRS’ statewide network of counselors who will continue working remotely. Visit abe.illinois.gov/abe/access/ to apply for benefits or check the status of benefits, You can request Vocational Rehabilitation services or Home Services at www.DRS.illinois.gov/apply.
IDCFS- Click here to access all of the messages the Department of Children and Family Services have sent day care providers, parents, families, and staff.
GUIDELINES FOR EMPLOYEES/EMPLOYERS Click here to see IDPH guidelines for employees and employers who think they, or an employee, has the coronavirus.
File a Price Gouging complaint here